The aroma of the cooking rice fills the air. A bowl of pristine white rice is the best complement for most everyday meals. With the help of inner pot, the steamer can make perfectly cooked rice. The inner pot is able to seal in the flavor and drive moisture into the rice, making the rice soft and fluffy. When the rice is cooked give it a quick stir with the serving spoon to distribute the moisture and coat the grains evenly for better taste and texture.
**Only includes lid, NOT steamer set -- Can be used with JST110 Large Steamer Set, or is included in JST630 Rice Cooking Set and JGP240 Steamer + Rice Cooker Combo Set**
1. The “JIA Steamer Rice Cooking Lid” features a double layered lid system that retains steam and heat to speed up the cooking process and give the rice the perfect texture.
2. After rinsing, soaking the rice for 30min is recommended. The extra moisture also gives the rice a stickier texture and shortens the cooking time.
3. For 2-3 people, add 2 cups of rice with 2 cups of water. For 4-6 people, add 4 cups of rice with 4 cups of water.
4. Put on high heat for 5-8 min or until it begins to steam, then reduce to low heat.
5. Continue to cook on low heat for 5 min or until the steam start to reduce. Be careful not to overcook as the rice at the bottom may be burnt.
6. After turning off the heat, let the rice and steam to rest with the lid on for another 10 to 15min. This allows the rice to become fluffy and tasty.